TheHappyReader

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Web 2.0 Discovery

I looked at Reader2.com. The name is actually Reader Squared. The potential of this site appealed to me because it is meant to help people share their reading lists and decide what to read next. It's much like Library Thing, but rather than listing books they own, readers enter what they have read or are reading. They add books by the title or the ISBN. The front page interface seems easy and direct. However, when I put in my favorite book from this summer, "The Whistling Season" and clicked "Choose Similar Book," there was no match. I looked at the list of most popular books, with something like 25,000 titles. That interface was very clunky, showing only 15 books at a time. I found that the 30 or titles I saw were older titles, like To Kill a Mockingbird and 1984. Fine books, but I was hoping to see more recent titles. Overall, I like the concept of Reader Squared very much. If it was a little more user friendly, I could see it becoming a tool for readers' advisory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home