TheHappyReader

Friday, August 18, 2006

Task # 7 -Technology Thoughts

I have been having fun with Learning 2.0. The thing is, it's easy for me. I work full time and find a few minutes here and there to go online and play. However, I am concerned about our part time staff. Many days they are not able to get to the workroom PC, where 7 people share one machine. If they are not able to do the 23 tasks, they will not have a chance for a free MP3 player. How will they feel at staff day when the players are being handed out? Will they be thinking that their managers didn't give them a fair chance to participate? I know that some staff are participating from home, but it is not fair to make someone doing something work-related from home on their own time. I think it would be fair to have a shortened version of the 23 tasks for part time staff. I do think having a blog is fun and very current, so maybe that could be their major task. Then have them do a few other things and call it good. That way, everyone can participate, even with limited time.

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger PE said...

Thanks, Susan! I emialed this to Helene because with 187 staff blogs, I know she can't be reaing ALL of them anymore! PE

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Salad Days said...

Your suggestion for a condensed version of the training exercise is a good one.

Quite honestly, as a verrrry busy full-time staffer, I would never even considered attempting to do these Learning 2.0 projects on work time. I've been doing it all from home. That's why I think the mp3 player is being given as an incentive.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Marlo said...

Yes, I'm doing mine from home as well. I've talked to a few people who said they have dial up at home and it is so slow it's frustrating to get much accomplished in a reasonable amount of time. I'm finding it very addictive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home